Do you ever leave your shades or blinds closed simply because you don’t have the time and energy to open them?
Have you ever wished your window treatments could just open and close on their own?
Throughout the day, our desire to take advantage of natural light is challenged by the amount of time it takes to manually open and close every window covering. How would our lives (and our energy bills) be different with more sunlight?
Hunter Douglas’ PowerView® Motorized Operating System is not only a huge time saver, but it might even encourage you to enjoy more natural light throughout the day and save energy in your home.
Not sure if motorized window coverings are the convenience you’ve been craving? See if you can relate to these 10 daily challenges:
1. It’s hard to wake up for work in your dark, cozy bedroom.
Pre-schedule shades to automatically open as your alarm goes off or as the sun rises.
2. You want to open hard-to-reach, high-set windows.
Program all of yourkitchenwindows to automatically open in just the right way at the same time every morning, or activate your preferences by voice command, remote, phone or tablet.
No more ignoring those windows or standing on countertops!
Hunter Douglas Silhouette® Window Shadings. Mount Type: Inside Mount.
3. You'd like to read the newspaper by natural light without being blinded by direct sunbeams or check emails on your computer without glare.
Set your windows exactly the way you like in the morning and save your preferences as a Scene in your PowerView® app so that you can re-create the perfect environment by a voice command, phone, tablet or remote.
Hunter Douglas Vignette® Modern Roman Shades, Fabric: India Silk, Color: Taj, Mount Type: Inside Mount
…Or reduce glare and maintain privacy by lowering shades from the top of your window.
Hunter Douglas Vignette®Modern Roman Shades. Fabric/Material: Cascade. Color: Bashful.
4. You want to fill your entire home with natural light in the morning while your kids get ready for school but dread closing them all up again before leaving the house.
Schedule all of your windows to close automatically when leave the house in the morning, or trigger them to close by voice command, remote or phone app.
By closing windows while you’re away, you’ll protect your belongings and save on your energy bill!
- Prevent the sun from fading your furniture, artwork and photos.
- Prevent sunlight from overheating your home in the summer and insulate your space from cold temperatures in the winter.
Hunter Douglas Pirouette® Window Shadings (left) Luminette® Privacy Sheers (right). Fabric/Material: Stria. Color: China White.
5. You arrive home from work and have open the window treatments all over again.
(That’s the THIRD time today and it won’t be the last!)
Schedule all of the window treatments in your home (or a select few) to open right before you regularly arrive home from work, so that you walk into a bright and sunny house.
If you end up working late, you can always stop your window coverings from opening at the scheduled time from your phone!
Hunter Douglas Silhouette® Window Shadings. Fabric/Material: India Silk. Color: Sparkling Water. Opacity: Translucent. Mount Type: Inside Mount
6. Your kids are playing and you don’t want to worry about the safety hazard of dangling cords.
All Hunter Douglas’ PowerView® motorized operating systems can be cordless.
Hunter Douglas Duette® Honeycomb Shades. Style: Architella®. Fabric/Material: Whisper™; Classic. Color: Evening Fog/London Sky.
7. You need a calming space for nap time pronto, but you have a screaming child under one arm and a storybook under the other.
Close all of the window coverings to your preference for nap time with a voice command such as “Nap Time.” Your system will know exactly what room and which positions you pre-programmed without you having to lift a finger.
Hunter Douglas Nantucket™ Window Shadings. Fabric/Material: Front Street™. Color: Picket Fence.
8. You want to re-position your blinds as the light changes in a specific room at the same time every day.
Do you take a bath at the same time every day? Schedule your blinds to automatically adjust so the room is ready when you get there. You can change your preferences at any time through the PowerView®app if needed!
Hunter Douglas Vignette® Modern Roman Shades. Style: Tiered. Fabric/Material: Newport Linen. Color: Coronado.
9. You want to let in natural light without blocking TV visibility.
Pre-program a “Living Room TV” set-up with each window treatment, closing just the right amount for you to watch TV during the day.
Hunter Douglas Vignette® Modern Roman Shades. Style: Rolling Style; Duolite™; Flat Fold. Fabric/Material: Leela. Color: Escape.
…Or when complete darkness is required for movie time, but you just got comfortable.
Close your blackout blinds with a voice command such as “Movie Time” or use the app from your phone.
Hunter Douglas Duette® Honeycomb Shades. Style: Architella®. Fabric/Material: Elan®. Color: Black Onyx.
10. It’s the end of the day, the sun is setting and it’s time to close all the window treatments (again!) for privacy and protection.
Schedule all windows to close as the sun sets or at your preferred time.
Hunter Douglas Designer Roller Shades. Mount Type: Outside Mount.
Still not sure if your motorized window treatments are right for your home?
Schedule a FREE JC Licht window treatment in-home assessment. Our specialists are trained to help you find window treatments that meet your aesthetic, window structure and day-to-day needs.
If this is your first time connecting with us, click here to learn more about window treatments from Ron of JC Licht.
Determining if motorization is right for you is just one of11 major considerationswe recommend all home owners make before buying window treatments. To learn about the other 10 considerations,click here.SCHEDULE A FREE HOME CONSULTATION FIND YOUR JC LICHT LOCATION