At JC Licht, we are working together with you, our Valued Customer to provide a wide array of tools to make your
experience as meaningful as possible. One of those tools is our Virtual In-Home Consultation through Google’s Duo
application. We can walk through your space together via Duo video and even take pictures, while providing you the
same in-house experience and the flexibility to schedule your consultation at your convenience.
We have put together some simple quick start information in preparation for a Duo call for your convenience. To use
Google’s DuoVideo application and collaborate with the JC Licht team, please confirm the following:
- Your Android device has Duo installed and you’re running Android 7.0 and up.
- Your Android device has internet connectivity (Wi-Fi or Cellular Data).
That’s it! Next, we meet!
Receive a Google Duo Call
Our Team will schedule a call with you. When they are calling you will see the incoming video request, just click the video button and you will be connected and ready to go!
If your Android device does not have Google Duo, please refer to the next “Install Google Duo” section.
Install Google Duo
Step 1: Install Duo on your Android Device
Duo is available on Android phones and tablets. When you sign up, you’ll get a verification code on your phone.
Download and install Duo
Step 2: Verify your phone number
You can skip phone number verification. If you skip this step, you have to connect to your Google Account.
- On your Android device, enter your phone number and make sure it’s correct.
- Tap Agree.
- Duo will send a code in a one-time SMS message to the number that you entered. (Carrier text-message rates may apply.)
- Enter the code that you received in the text message.
- If you don’t receive a text message, tap Resend SMS.
- If you have a cell connection and aren’t getting the SMS, request a call by tapping Call me.
- If you continue having problems verifying your phone number, visit the verification troubleshooting article.
Step 3: Connect your Google Account
To connect your Google Account, tap Agree.
If you already use Duo on another device with your Google Account, sign in with the same account to finish setup.
After you connect Duo to your Google Account:
- You can use Duo across different devices.
- People with your phone number or Google Account info, like your Gmail address, can see that you use Duo and call you using the app.
You can add or remove your Google Account from Duo at any time.
After you verify your number on Duo
- People with your phone number can see that you use Duo and call you using the app. If you connect your Google Account, they can also connect with you across Google services.
- Duo can periodically send your contacts and location to Google.
- If you call someone not saved in your contacts, Duo will display your phone number so they can see who’s calling.