- Type: Part Time
We’ve been providing expert advice and assistance to those looking to breathe new life into their Chicagoland homes since 1907. Our customers are also our neighbors and friends, and they trust us to share our expertise and provide them with superior products and outstanding service.
We are currently recruiting for a warehouse worker at our West Loop location.
Summary: Works in the warehouse picking stores orders and helping to maintain the warehouse cleanliness. Help the store manager preforming small duties during downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to designated areas.
- Assembles store orders from stock
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Records shipment data, such as weight for record keeping purposes.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the warehouse is maintained.
- Help the store manager during down time.
- Help to load and unload trucks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work all schedules including weekends.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Attention to detail. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Able to use pallet jack, two wheel dolly, and forklift.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
- 401(k) program.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Training and development.
- And much more!
JC Licht is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.