Outside Sales Representative
- Type: Full Time
We’ve been providing expert advice and assistance to those looking to breathe new life into their Chicagoland homes since 1907. Our customers are also our neighbors and friends, and they trust us to share our expertise and provide them with superior products and outstanding service. As a JC Licht service professional, we train you in our extensive line of products ensuring the ability to offer expert advice to assist our clients every step of the way! We are currently looking for an Outside Sales Representative.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from, cold calls, newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- As an ambassador for the company, exhibits a highly positive attitude around both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates professional selling skills and competencies related to planning, opening, probing, presenting, dealing with objections and closing
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with company CRM to keep account activities up to date. Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems and issues.
- Attends trade shows.
- Produce results with minimal day to day direction.
- Demonstrates understanding of company’s 5 step selling process.
- Demonstrates ability to positively contribute to company’s culture of teamwork.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude to internal and external customers.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts.
- Ability to teach customers about product and product usage.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and manage time to achieve expected results.
- Creativity in resolution of problems and in taking advantage of selling opportunities.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have capacity to utilize of Spreadsheet software; Order processing systems; Word Processing software; Internet software and Contact Management systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Driver’s license and insurability
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience in Retail Outside Sales is preferred.
- 401(k) program.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Training and development.
- And much more!
JC Licht is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.