- Type: Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial, energetic, retail marketing professional who aspires to contribute to the aggressive growth plans of a leading regional retail organization.
JC Licht is an independent paint and hardware company located in the Midwest. Family owned and headquartered in Addison, IL we have 46 Chicagoland locations and have recently expanded north into Wisconsin and west to Rockford, IL. Known, since 1907, and currently the largest Benjamin Moore dealer, we also have a mature home fashions unit (window treatments, wallpaper, color consulting) and recently added hardware stores into our portfolio. We have aggressive growth goals and will continue to expand across the Midwest over the next 5 years.
Our Retail Marketing Manager is a new role, responsible for directing marketing that targets the retail customer segment. They will build and lead a team capable of supporting our aggressive expansion goals:
- Own and manage annual budget for all lead generation, promotional and marketing activities supporting the paint, home fashions and hardware segments
- Lead and deliver a multichannel (traditional, direct, social, mobile, in-store) strategy including developing an annual promotion and marketing activity calendar
- Evolve and enhance retail marketing strategy, deliver sustainable and impactful programs & plans, and drive continuous improvement
- Own and execute the day to day by leading our marketing team providing consistent coaching, direction, mentorship, support, and development
- Manage JC Licht’s digital (internet, social, mobile) properties
- Develop strong relationships with senior leaders to ensure all stakeholders are informed, engaged, and satisfied
- Partner with internal stakeholders (sales, store and business unit leaders) and external resources (agencies, vendors, partners) to deliver mutually beneficial results
- Manage and publish a KPI’ dashboard that promotes transparency and accountability
- Embrace opportunities to support the organization, evolve the role and fulfill other duties as required
- Fix things that you see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 5-8 years of experience in retail marketing; with a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading all retail marketing functions.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to create short- and long-term strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Experienced with the creation and execution of large marketing initiatives within a company.
- Change management skills desired.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing department and quickly re-focus from unexpected outcomes.
- Must embrace transparency and accountability.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit; able to work in an ambiguous environment and willing to take risks as needed.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must have a robust knowledge of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.
Fun work environment with exceptional benefits including medical, dental and vision benefits, heath and flexible savings accounts, life insurance, paid holidays, generous paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, 401k with match, and employee discount programs.
Partially remote working arrangement is acceptable
JC Licht is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.