- Type: Full Time / Part Time
Want to be a part of the most audacious and radically EXCELLENT Paint & Decorating Retailer in the Country? Join our amazing team where you are not only a part of growing company but also a family! The JC Licht family where everyone is equally important.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Driver in our Barrington Store location. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility and a shared vision for providing incredible customer service, then JC Licht wants you! While the driver position is part-time, but if willing to work in the store the other half of the time this could be a full-time position.
Summary: Drives van to deliver product or purchases to stores or customer locations.
- Verifies load against shipping papers.
- Drives van to destination.
- Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- Responsible for proper handling of product to minimize damage to products.
- Responsible for maintaining positive customer relations and involving management to resolve customer issues.
- Maintains van log according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads van.
- Inspects van equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Maintains a neat appearance at all times while on the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Valid Driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets company standards.
- Previous product delivery experience preferred.
- Ability to lift, load, unload and move products weighing up to 75lbs.
- Ability to safely operate job related equipment (i.e. hand truck)
- Good Verbal and written communications
- Good customer service skills
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- 401(k) program.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Training and development.
- And much more!
JC Licht is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.