- Type: Full Time
The primary responsibility of the District Manager is the operations and profitability of the key stores, and store operations within a market, developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with current and potential key accounts and customers and increase market share of all units through aggressive planning and control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Development and implementation of annual sales, marketing and overall business plans to ensure top line sales growth, improve margins and increase market share.
- Cultivate efforts between outside sales reps and store managers to achieve established sales objectives and provide optimal service delivery to all customers.
- Responsible for the coaching, development and management of store managers in the areas of business planning, employee accountability, store maintenance, achieving monthly and yearly sales goals, reviewing P&L statements, controlling payroll, overall store strategy and implementation of business plan..
- Conducts monthly business reviews of results against business plans.
- To be well versed on the commercial, residential, industrial and retail sale’s processes and approach.
- To have working knowledge of the key commercial segments such as Government, Muti-Family, Health Care, and
- Supports the operations regarding the overall vision.
- Intervenes in complex customer issues/complaints and outcomes.
- Responsible for overall store operations to ensure maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory control, expense control, human resource management, payroll and managing operating costs, losses and shrinkage.
- To have a clear understanding in regards to distribution for the commercial customer base and within their store group operations.
- Coordination of all manufacturers training and in-store events and promotions to ensure employees has in-depth knowledge of all products.
- Ensure compliance of established procedures, practices, sales, security and the JC Licht Core Valus.
- Be accountable for a well-trained, thoroughly operational organization in store.
- Establish and promote a high standard of performance through formal and informal feedback and development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have a valid driver’s license, be insurable and be able to operate a vehicle. Must be able available to oversee all schedules including weekends.
Requires a two- or four-year college degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 10-15 years retail experience, preferably industry related. Experience with large commercial accounts related to the industry. Experience in strategic business planning. Understanding of sales management and its processes. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated skills in customer service, satisfying customer complaints and negotiating, Detail oriented. Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Ability to manage time efficiently and appropriately.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence and memos to customers and employees. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic keyboarding skills; outlook, word and excel skills. The ability to extract data from business reporting tools to create excel, word, PowerPoint documents.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
Directly supervises 3-10 or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
- 401(k) program.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Training and development.
- And much more!
JC Licht is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.