JC Licht was founded in 1907, we are a full service paint and decorating retail destination featuring Benjamin Moore Products, painting supplies and home fashion products. We presently have 40 locations in the greater Chicago area. There are exciting opportunities for growth throughout this region. We are currently looking for assistant store manager in training candidate to learn our business and be in a position to advance as new positions become available.
Assistant Store Managers in Training (ASMT)
Summary: The primary responsibly of the ASMT is to learn how to monitor operations and profitability of the store and provide support to the store manager as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to as other duties may be assigned.
- Active involvement in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of store personnel.
- Must ensure that all store employees have a working knowledge of various products. When necessary, develop training programs.
- Must ensure employees deliver excellent customer service to our patrons.
- Encourage a viable team-oriented working environment through good communication.
- Ensure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Must supervise employees.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for the purpose of assessing employee performance. When necessary, must also administer disciplinary action in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure that the store complies with all federal/state regulations and company policies including, but not limited to: ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation – Wage & Hour, Sexual Harassment, etc.
- Maintaining the store’s appropriate inventory levels to ensure that it meets customer needs and is aligned with budget.
- Control inventory losses through proper controls and notations.
- Control expenses.
- Ensure that the store is properly opened and closed in accordance with company policy.
- Complete all paperwork reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- To maintain merchandising standards established by JC Licht Senior Management Team including window displays, sales floor displays, promotional displays etc.
- To actively participate in store activities including unloading of trucks, stocking shelves, carrying merchandise out for the customer, having the ability to lift a determined weight of merchandise and delivering paint when needed.
- Monitoring accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking procedures. Resolve problems as necessary.
- Understand and utilize various business reports to identify sales, gross margin, and expense control opportunities.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the company’s purchasing policies and procedures.
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
- Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon them entering the retail store.
- Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner per company guidelines
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product lines and services offered by the retail store.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
- To suggestively sell additional merchandise to the customer assisting the customer in completing their projects.
- Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good attendance record and arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Provide support in the development of new accounts and increase sales of current accounts through a targeted sales initiative.
- Ensure that commercial accounts are properly set up and administered.
- Assist with outside sales calls when necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in the JC Licht Employee Handbook.
Requires a two year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Effective financial planning and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, preferably industry related.
- Background in inside sales.
- Job involves a wide variety of tasks including bending, lifting, and sitting. Individual must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Individual will usually be required to work an average of 50 hours per week including some weekends.
- 401(k) program.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Training and development.
- And much more!
JC Licht is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.