- Type: Full Time
We’ve been providing expert advice and assistance to those looking to breathe new life into their Chicagoland homes since 1907. Our customers are also our neighbors and friends, and they trust us to share our expertise and provide them with superior products and outstanding service. As a JC Licht service professional, we train you in our extensive line of products ensuring the ability to offer expert advice to assist our clients every step of the way!
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Store Manager is to monitor operations and profitability of the store in conjunction with the Store Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Active involvement in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of store personnel.
- Must ensure that all store employees have a working knowledge of various products.
- When necessary, develop training programs.
- Must ensure employees deliver excellent customer service to our patrons.
- Encourage a viable team-oriented working environment through good communication.
- Ensure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Must supervise employees.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for the purpose of assessing employee performance. When necessary, must also administer disciplinary action in accordance with company policy
- Ensure that the store complies with all federal/state regulations and company policies including, but not limited to: ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation – Wage & Hour, Sexual Harassment, etc.
- Maintain the store’s appropriate inventory levels to ensure that it meets customer needs and is aligned with budget.
- Control inventory losses through proper controls and notations.
- Control expenses.
- Ensure that the store is properly opened and closed in accordance with company policy.
- Complete all paperwork reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain merchandising standards established by store managers and /or operational managers including window displays, sales floor displays, promotional displays etc.
- Actively participate in store activities including unloading of trucks, stocking shelves, carrying merchandise out for the customer, having the ability to lift a determined weight of merchandise and delivering paint when needed.
- Monitoring accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking procedures. Resolve problems as necessary.
- Understand and utilize various business reports to identify sales, gross margin, and expense control opportunities.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the company’s purchasing policies and procedures.
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
- Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon them entering the retail store.
- Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner per company guidelines.
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product lines and services offered by the retail store.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
- To suggestively sell additional merchandise to the customer, assisting the customer in completing their projects.
- Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good attendance record and arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Provide support in the development of new accounts and increase sales of current accounts through a targeted sales initiative.
- Ensure that commercial accounts are properly set up and administered.
- Assist with outside sales calls when necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in the retail employee handbook.
Core Values: To perform the job successfully, the Assistant Manager should demonstrate and reinforce the JC Licht Core Values:
- Engage our customers with passion.
- Respect one another.
- Demonstrate openness and honesty.
- Be energetic, be positive and win.
- We are the JC Licht family, all equally important.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work all schedules including weekends.
- Requires a two-or four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Effective financial planning and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, preferably industry related.
- Background in inside sales.
- Job involves a wide variety of tasks including bending, lifting, and sitting. Individual must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Individual will usually be required to work a minimum of 50 hours per week.
Supports Store manager in supervising store staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work week includes evening and weekend work and depending on business demand often 50 hours per week. May required additional hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
- 401(k) program.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Training and development.
- And much more!
JC Licht is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.